Undergraduate Program in Interior Design
Chair of Undergraduate Program in Interior Design
Dr. Yuni Maharani, S.Ds., MT
Undergraduate Program in Interior Design FSRD ITB is the first Indonesian education program in interior design. Opened in 1957, the Undergraduate Program in Interior Design FSRD is the pioneer of interior design profession in Indonesia providing a wide range of network. Students of Undergraduate Program in Interior Design will learn knowledge related to aspects of human needs in space as individual and social beings with the support of national and international teaching staff and scale designers. This provides a significant role for students to innovate and be creative in improving human life and society.
Field of Study
Students interested in Interior Design can study:
Design of immovable facilities
Design of mobile facilities
Field of expertise in technology & materials science
All students will undergo education in the Common First Year Program (TPB). Students will be introduced to various basic subjects. During this period students are listed as faculty/school students. At the end of the first year, students will choose a study program based on their interests and academic achievements.
Students have entered the selected study program. In the second year, all students will conduct academic exploration through the subjects offered by the study program.
Students will begin to do conceptualization and specialization in science.
Students start doing a final project as one of the requirements for obtaining a bachelor's degree.
Interior design students have broad job prospects such as:
- interior designer
- architecture and interior design consultant
- government-public decision maker
- interior designer for house, office, hospital, hotel
- kitchen & pantry specialist
- bathroom/bedroom specialist
- exhibition designer
- other (entrepreneur, etc)
Competence of graduates
Students in Interior Design Program are expected to:
- have the ability to master science and professional skills to be able to anticipate the direction of development in the design field and play a role in supporting their professional abilities, as researchers, designers, and teachers.
- have the ability to exploit various fields of science and knowledge as a component of sub-systems in an effort to achieve design optimization and professional development of a wider spectrum.
- have the ability to improve the quality of professionalism and mastery of the design thinking components of so as to achieve a level of professional independence in the field of interior design.